What have we been doing in our meetings?
Session 1- Autumn Term 1 - Introductory Meeting
- During the meeting, we welcomed the year 3 children to the councils.
- We held an election for our MP's and Council Secretary.
- Participated in the 'Walk for Water' challenge.
Session 2- Autumn Term 2
- During the meeting, we focused on the theme of Christmas.
- We discussed children's rights and responsibilities and we created posters for Article 24: To have the right good food and water and to see a doctor if you are ill.
- Created posters for KS2 competition: To design a front cover for the Christmas concert program.
Session 3- Spring Term 1
- During the meeting, we discussed the Eisteddfod.
- The children researched information about Llewelyn, Dewi and Glydwr and designed flags to represent each team.
Session 4- Spring Term 2
- During the meeting, we decided to do a competition for Easter.
- We thought about what prizes people would win and asked the teachers to judge the winners.
- We created posters to put up around the School and some of the children went around the classrooms to talk about the competition.
Session 5- Summer Term 1
- We went and joined in with 'Soccer Aid'.
- As a council, we had been asked to create a poster about the children's right Article 28 ' Everyone has the right to learn and go to school.'